Poolee - Recon, Field Operator Questions, and General Questions
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Poolee - Recon, Field Operator Questions, and General Questions

Hello, my name is Poolee Kariuki.

I'm very interested in getting a field operator or recon contract.

This is what some of what I already know, for which I need clarification on. Please add on or correct me if I'm wrong.

Recon
    There are contracts, but they are always in short supply.
    After SOI, there is a screening process for those interested.
    Field Radio Operator
    There's little to no choice if one wants to be attached to an infantry battalion.

I have another question. Even though these MOS were not available at the time of my delayed entry program entry, can I still acquire the contracts?

Thank you for help!

How about doing a SEARCH on the site first....these MOS's have been covered before.
    Geeeeesh, there's even a sticky on recon.

Zulu 36..."There are tremendous amounts of information available on-line and in libraries on these topics. Even on official Marine Corps websites, not to mention this site.
    Personally, I don't mind answering a single quick question, or guiding someone to resources, but I don't like having to spoon-feed information to people who do not try to find the answers for themselves first."

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    How about doing a SEARCH on the site first....these MOS's have been covered before.
    Geeeeesh, there's even a sticky on recon.

I was asking for clarification on those topics, I already found general information on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Simba View Post
    I was asking for clarification on those topics, I already found general information on it.
    If you "read" the sticky on Scout Sniper/Recon/MARSOC Information, you will get your clarification on recon.

As for field radio operator.........

0621 Field Radio Operator
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...Radio+Operator

Radio Operator MOS/Communications
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...Radio+Operator

Recon:

Yes.
    Possibly. Things change. Really, your recruiter can likely give you a better answer than we can. There are a few Marines around here that might be able to help....or not. It really depends on if they stop by. Run your search again using more specific terms, in quote marks. Read ALL the posts and replies, many times nuggets of intell are buried on the 3rd page.

Field Radio Operator:

Correct. You go where you are needed. It may or may NOT be a grunt unit. Might be the wing. Or whatever the FSSG is now called. Luck of the draw.

Nope. If you've signed the contract, that's what you are getting. End of story. Either go back and have it changed or live with what you have.

Dude if you wanna be recon you better be ready to be absolutely miserable for 3 months of BRC and however long you are in RIP. You most likely will only get one shot at being recon. Now days seems there are only Recon Babies (contracted straight in and passed and operating as LCPLs in the teams) or getting salty as all hell in the fleet then lat moving over into recon as a CPL or SGT. Basically do it now or wait a while.

Thread Information